June 23rd, 2019
9 June 2019
It's our second day of work with the teachers and today one person from our village is teaching the class a lesson in the subject they teach and we as a village become the students and learn from our teacher. The subject was Social and Religious Studies. I took notes as an observer and as a student.
By the end of this lesson, learners will be able to define environment and to identify components of environment
• When teacher enters we say good Morning teacher
• After lesson we say thank you teacher for teaching me
• Uses claps to gain attention
• Asks students questions and let every student answer
• Allow students to go outside to visually learn only for 30 seconds
• She only picks on who raises their hand
• Always claps for each other with right answers and explanations when wrong
• Ends class with song of the lesson learned
1. "We are surrounded, (names the things that surrounds us)
Environment and its components
• Is Everything that surrounds us
• What you see looking around us
• Components that makes the environment
1. Ex: grass, stones, houses, trees, hills, atmosphere, clouds, crops, roads, people, ants, sun, water, gardens, soil, mass(provides network)
1. Define the term environment
• Is everything that surrounds us
1. Identify two main components of environment
• Houses and roads
1. Draw any two example of components of environment
After our lesson we took it and made it into a story with all the things we learned. So we created an evolution of natural and main components coming together. Everyone played a huge part. People were trees, fish, mountain, monkey, man, house, wind, birds, car, motorcycle, fire, etc. We performed in front of others and we got a great huge response. People identified our natural and main components and they saw the connections from one thing to the other. Every group had created a story based on the lesson they learned and everyone did a fantastic job!
Afterwards we, the AFP village said a few words of what we learned and I said that I learned that community is family and family is life. I took pictures with the teachers and share emails with them to stay in contact with them if they ever wanted to reach out to either myself or Monique. I had a wonderful experience with the teachers and can't wait to see them in action tomorrow in their classrooms.
Leave a Reply.
My name is Janae' Leonard and I'm a senior Theatre major at Buffalo State. Since I was a little girl I always dreamed of traveling and seeing the world. The one place where I dreamed of going was to Africa. The motherland, the place where life started. I want to go to Rwanda to experience different cultures, hear stories, and learn how to not only love myself but how to give and show love to others in different ways. I want to show people in Rwanda that they matter and their stories matter. It took me a while to understand that I mattered and that my story matters and so I want to show what I learned and express it through love. I plan to go to Rwanda open minded and open hearted. I want to take in as much as I can and bring it back home with me where I can share everything I learned and felt through story, song, acting and other mediums.